It’s finally here—springtime! Which means it’s finally time to grab your fishing poles and get out on the water!
You’ve got your fishing boat all loaded up, got your bait in hand, and you’re ready to go, but where are you headed? Choosing where your fishing spot can be as important as the equipment you use. Thankfully, Arkansas has an excellent variety of fishing spots!
Here are some of our favorites:
1. The White River - The White River is located in Northwest Arkansas and is known for its inconsistent water depths, which makes this river a great place to catch trout.
2. The Little Red River - You can find this famous river in North-Central Arkansas. It has maintained a reputation of being an excellent spot to fly fish for all kinds of trout since 1966.
3. Lake Ouachita - Lake Ouachita is the largest lake in Arkansas and is known for its clear waters. This location offers great opportunities to fish for sport fish such as largemouth bass, bream, catfish, and more.
4. DeGray Lake - Just south of Hot Springs, you’ll find the man-made DeGray Lake. There you’ll find 13k acres of water to fish for multiple varieties of catfish and bass.
5. Bull Shoals Lake - Up in North Arkansas Bull Shoals Lake has deep waters that create the perfect environment for some of the best bass fishing nationwide.
Wanting to try out a different spot than the ones listed above? Find your next fishing spot on the Arkansas Game and Fishing Commission website and get to catching!
P.S. Don’t forget to purchase a fishing license!
Looking for the perfect fishing boat? Come visit us at Arts Marine in Central Arkansas and we will help you find it!